View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #24
zorg
Experimental Subject

Default Re: Looking for a simple set of rules that I can republish without royalty payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
From the game name, I suspect it's focused on combat, which isn't what I'm looking for. And the site requires registration before downloading anything. And I have a fair-sized pile of systems to check out already... so I'll pass, unless somebody tells me my assumption is wrong.
The game isn't really focused on anything, though the original inspiration might have been over-the-top kung fu fighting. The mechanics work equally well with any sort of conflict - I've played the game with social, technical and combat situations which were resolved by the rules. I've seen game AP reports with all sorts of backgrounds - noir, action, comedy, what have you.

In my opinion, the basic assumptions of the rules are brilliant (and I don't say this lightly). What has kept the game from wider fame is, I fear, prejudice.

I posted the first link which looked workable; I think the original wiki or the creators's page might be down. Anyway, the game is free, so if you PM me your email address, I can legally send you a copy - it's 17 pages, plus an example of play, so the investment in time reading it is modest.