Thread: Steam Bomb
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #34
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Steam Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
No, it's "trust us (and this video that doesn't show anything useful) but it works.". :(

I can only suppose that the "simple trick" that makes it too simple to re-produce is a very dangerous one that would probably make it too dangerous for actual use.
Uh, maybe, but they did actually use it, so it seems unlikely that the gun is too dangerous to be on the non-muzzle end of...at least in the hands of people who know what they're doing with it.

The obvious danger avoided, however, is web-publishing a design for a small but effective steam cannon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
It has to be something about temporarily sealing the barrel which makes a potential bomb.
That seems extremely unlikely given the text. Their 'different interpretation' is clearly not direct injection and, considering the reference to the Sakkas model, probably not based on adding something to hold back the projectile.

I'd have guessed the trick is some kind of boiler, but I don't see how to make that consistent with the drawings.

EDIT: I should say that any sort of actual boiler would of course be a potential bomb.

Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 02-07-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Ulzgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote