View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #397
goodbunny2000

Default Re: Member House Rules

We play one House Rule in ALL sets.

A WANDERING MONSTER card can be played without a Monster, and the first Monster card played on it, by any player(including the player who's fight it was played on,) becomes the Wandering Monster.

I find this prevents people from discarding Wandering Monster cards and makes it much less useless to have a bunch of Wandering Monster cards in your hand and no Monsters.

Also it's fun to quickly play a level 1 Monster on a Wandering Monster Card that's played on you, while all the other players are busy arguing over what Monster to throw on it.

In Munchkin Cthulhu we have two House rules.

In a 3 or 4 player game, when everyone becomes a Cultist, everyone rolls off and low roller dies (a loaded die IS legal to play on this roll.) Then everyone has the option to immediately stop being a Cultist.
This rule prevents the game from ending on the first couple turns.

We also play that in addition to "Goth" Monsters being able to stack on each other, any Monster that ends in "oth" can stack too.

In addition to these, our deck has about four dozen homemade cards (so far,) including extra races and classes, which I can't link to or discuss in anyway, as per the rules of this forum *sigh*