Thread: Years of Dreams
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #15
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Years of Dreams

I was left with the desire.

Edward visited me at dusk, hiding himself from the continuous persecution of women seeking successful men.

The beloved and disgusting Edward, insipid recipient of the greatest dose of self-love that the world can conceive. Right after he overconfidently proposed me to get married and before I even answered, he wanted to know if I had planned to have sex before the wedding night.

"With you?"

I answered him ironically as I laughed out loud at him and saw his face twist. He probably did not like my answer very much, because at that moment he ended his proposal of marriage and left the room slamming the door.

Edward's discreet question was evidently born out of my brazen flirting with Rafael the night before, which had led to a public marriage proposal that flowed by word of mouth all over Inverness, spurred undoubtedly by his family's clear interest in that his proposal did not have a happy ending.

With the beloved Edward I would have sailed from party to party the seas of royalty, where ignorant and proud women allow themselves the luxury of being stupid. With the disgusting Edward I would have become the beloved wife of a prince. Surely I would write less theories and drink more champagne. My brain would be filled with bubbles and lovers instead of diseases and pharmaceutical chemistry. I did not miss it much.

I go out into the yard and look for the boy, who today also came to see me at dawn to discuss the uses of bacteriophages and plasmids. Maybe later I dare to tell him about myself. As a child I went to the most elite universities in England and studied computer programming when I got bored with biochemistry.

The first time I saw the boy, his muscular body, those features that could win everyone and a voice that seemed out of another world, I thought that the shadow of Avicenna had gotten into his body and was making fun of me.

He was a cheerful companion, something hyperactive, capable of getting everything out of anyone. But not out of me. All boredom, no matter how deep it was, he destroyed it with jokes and flirtations, like a god capable of passing over all human weakness, utterly destroying them.

With him, a girl could reanimate intelligence, heat her spirit in the fire of life ... So, when he left without warning several weeks later and without having proposed anything to me, I was left with the desire to humiliate him as everyone else.

Audio-Diary of Eve Medici.
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote