View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
N.H.Alicia

Default Re: GURPS Naruto: Again (assumes some familiarity with the source material)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
My first thought is that Spells give a better foundation for showing mastery of techniques. But we might quickly get into discrepancies between the story and the system. IIRC, Haku was unique in his one-handed seals (skill 10, really), while faster casting was more common, I feel (yet I can only recall Kakashi being ever praised for his speed, so I might be wrong on that point). We could rejig the Magic Rituals, so that casting time reduction comes before one-handed casting, but I don't remember Haku as especially quick caster. So maybe it should be tangential?
Haku's one-handed seals were, AFAIK a quirk of Ice Release, although inbetween Shippuden and Boruto I remember Naruto learning how to perform Shadow Clone Jutsu one-handed... It seemed like a rare ability, and it may be something that has to be sought out specifically.

We'd have to change the magic ritual system, true.

We could just work on both a powers and magic based system, and present both as options.
N.H.Alicia is offline   Reply With Quote