View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #8
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#46): Eidetic Memory, Photographic Memory

Well, in real life I had an argument with my (at the time) friend that ended up with him contradicting several of his earlier statements dating from months before. Some further questioning lead to me completely unraveling his facade of caring for me except as a competent hireling and ego boost. Needless to say, he's no longer my friend.

And that's just one of many examples in my life about how you have a huge advantage over liars if you have a better memory than them. And I remembered the first Russian scenario from Empire Earth a few weeks ago where you had to lead Grigor to a potato truck to then head to Volgograd, and had tried to find from which game it was ever since. The game came out in 2001, I tried it at someone's home around that time, and I was 8 at that time. I clearly remembered allying with the garrisons by sending diplomats and tribute, and failing to pierce the laser tower defenses. So I'd be tempted to allow a Detect Lies roll at no penalty against a recurring liar, or maybe with a bonus for photographic memory.

Though I will have to add that I consider Detect Lies to be a cinematic skill at best, and supernatural one at worst and do tend to charge Unusual Backgrounds if someone wants to take it.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote