View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #3
Jaware

Default Re: need help with swarm statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtipa View Post
no clue. I'm sorry.

But if I were trying to make a ruling as a GM...

I think I wouldn't abstract it like D&D/PF does. I think I'd decide how many individuals there are, and say each individual only needs one point of damage to be killed (maybe two for a rat).

Swarms suck in D&D/PF, but imagine a more specific treatment of them. Say you upset a hornet's nest, and you now have about 60 insects flying around intent on stinging you. You'd probably have to do something about sting damage, and maybe poison. But suddenly being able to try swatting and killing one each round (after you perceive its presence... usually after it stings) would be pretty brutal and scary for the character and player.

In fact... I might do something like this in my current campaign...
I agree scary indeed. But the basic set gives he values for a couple swarms, like bees, bats; rats, etc.

I'm making a swarm host in my game. It's function is to create lots of the creatures which work similar to the kryll from gears of war.

except their job is to kill all biological creatures and to convert their biomass into a use able resources for the race of intelligent robotic zombies.

they don't just come in Swarms though. They don't come in one hex Swarms anyway. More like 2000 hex storms. And they do corrosion damage. Do they eventually eat through all obsticals.

That's pretty scarry to me hahaha.
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote