View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 02:20 AM   #42
finn

Default Re: The Future of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game?

I am very very sad to hear that DFRPG will not continue as a line.

I have run 2 adventures of DFRPG so far. "I smell a rat" (2 sessions) and "you meet in a Inn" (1 session). Both me and the players are having a blast. We are planning to run all the published adventures, including the ones for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy.

I may have sound critical on some aspects of "I smell a rat" in [spoiler!] the thread I started, but I want to emphasize that is was great fun to play.

One reason I love DFRPG is the streamlining of the rules and templates, and the abundance of sample characters. It made it much easier for me to translate only the necessary bit for the players that own a weird mixture of 3rd and 4th edition books in various languages.

I would not have run the above games if I had to go through Basic, Magic, and GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDFs to figure out what the PCs needed.

I voted for "Just make more." to show support, but I understand that it is not realistic. So, I have 2 requests.

First, to have future GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDFs to be compatible to use in a DFRPG game. Without it, I will not be likely to buy new GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDFs (with maybe the exception of adventures).

Second, to issue a "how to use GURPS Dungeon Fantasy in DFRPG" PDF with guidelines for each GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDF published so far. It doesn't have to be complete, but enough so GMs will feel confirtable in introducing new elements to DFRPG. This should give incentive to DFRPG owners with no GURPS experience to purchase GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDF, and maybe buy into GURPS in the future.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote