View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Harry O'Gane

Default [IC] The Marching Storm

Act I: To Rule The Land

All of you received an invitation of some sort, to come at the Castle of Simonton. Although it was summer, the day seemed gloomy and bad in general. It wasn't raining, but the clouds were blocking the summer sun, making the colours of the landscape sinister and ominous.

Whenever someone came to the Castle and asked for Lord Walton of Simonton, or more specifically, explained that the presence of the approaching individual was needed, the gate guards lowered their heads and slowly lead each and every one through the Castle to the great assembly.

Right after the first great hall, you all ended up in there. You did not all arrive at the same time, but one came after another, until a reptile figure appeared, coming out from the next room. It was Grok, Lord Walton's "unofficial" seneschal. Many of you have heard stories about him, but that was not of the importance at that moment.

The great assembly had eight pikes placed on the walls, with flags of Simonton and Caithness on them. Usually, they rose up high and findled on the breeze of the huge assembly. Today, that was not the case, as they were put on the half of the pike. A man whom you expected to see had died, and all of you knew it, since that was the traditional way of placing flags when someone deceased.

Grok stood in front of you, holding a small envelope in his hand. Besides Grok, you've all noticed each other, along with Sir Fharin, Lord Walton's old friend; Sir Astaron, his brother; and Lord Slenthan, another local noble.

In the state of complete confusion and disbelief, Sir Astaron, a plump man, red in face and almost with no hair at all broke the silence:

"W...what is this trickery, lizard?! Where is my brother? Why were we all summoned, WHAT KIND OF SICK JOKE is this?!"

(OOC: Feel free to post in the thread. Pick your colour, I as a GM will be using bolded black text for NPCs.)
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote