Thread: Facing
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #21
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Facing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils_Lindeberg View Post
...The rest of the advantages you state I don't see...
As I stated in my opening sentence: "I am going to be the odd-man-out on this topic; as I don't suspect many - if any of you - will like our method."

So, the *good news* is that since I am not trying to promote the method, no one has to like it, approve of it, or even understand it. So, if you "can't see" the rest of the advantages, I cannot help you; other to say, perhaps you should play-test the method for yourself rather than trying to judge it from a read-through.

Perhaps *that* might be the reason why you "cannot see it"; you might have to actually experience it - *in play*.

Quote:
All you do is basically lower everyones MA and thereby make MA bonuses more important and chances for gamey tricks less. But a lower MA is less tactical and the game will be a lot easier to predict since everyone can do less different things.
Well, that's your perception. Our perception were all the benefits listed by bullet-point - as outlined in the OP.

Quote:
Or did I misunderstand something?
Apparently.

Quote:
How did this make the tactics talents more important or how did you get more tactical choices?
As stated in the Original Post, the ability to win the initiative - and force the other side to move first, usually - becomes even more critical under this method; therefore, as a direct consequence the Tactics and Strategist talents (when taken together) add +2 to the *now* critical Initiative Roll...hence, "more important".

I never wrote anything about "more tactical choices"; I have no idea where you read that claim.

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions.

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote