View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #25
Tomsdad

Default Re: How to give fatigue points more meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
I could be wrong, but I doubt The Last Gasp would really make a lot of difference in that case. If you never have more than a brief exertion followed by an extended rest, FP being irrelevant is entirely appropriate.
Yep, if the PCs have adequate rest period between fights (or other exertions) fatigue should be manageable and not be a problem. So like AlexanderHowl says if you don't want that to be the case, don't run your encounters (or fatiguing events) at that pace.

I'll add that PCs attempting to engineer their fights to be at this pace is good combat tactics!

That said Last gasp does kick in faster with penalties than the rules in Campaigns, so all else being equal it is more likely that you see some fatigue effects quicker and more often with it.

A PC with 10FP will see a negative effect upon spending or losing 2FP in Last Gasp, but in Campaigns is unaffected until spending 7FP.

Additionally since FP loss due to AP expenditure in Last Gasp happens during combat, but FP loss after a combat lasting 10 or more seconds occurs after the combat in Campaigns. Those penalties are also more likely to hit you while you still fighting.