View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #22
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: How to give fatigue points more meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Our Gurps never has exertion after exertion. We might have a short moment of combat (less than 10 turns easily), followed by nothing really. There is always an easy hour in there where our characters could "rest" and regain that 6 fatigue we might have spent during the fight (which we never spend that much). We usually end our sessions with us all going to sleep for the night, unless someone has something specific they want to do that night, in which case they usually just sleep in longer than normal and have no fatigue to start the next session. We always travel with a vehicle, so there's no fatigue to be gained there. We're usually set in a town of some sort, so there's no starvation to come into play.

That Last Grasp seems the right move for us. I'll have to look at it closer and see if I can convince our GM to apply it.
I could be wrong, but I doubt The Last Gasp would really make a lot of difference in that case. If you never have more than a brief exertion followed by an extended rest, FP being irrelevant is entirely appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Thanks for that suggestion! I'm seeing more and more suggestions for my Gurps complaints coming from these Pyramids. Makes me feel like Gurps 5th edition is necessary...but I know where that stands. :(
I don't think that if they made a 5th edition it would have The Last Gasp incorporated into core rules.