View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #27
martin_rook

Default Re: A character type for a Star Trek game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
For base stats, Would these seem right..

ST 17 (that's about roughly three times human normal, Khan claimed to be five times stronger than Kirk, but I assume Khan was a braggart).

DX 14

IQ 16 (that would make him intellectually formatable)

HT 14

Note: the Gm said my character (because of requiered roles and skills) also has Language Talent and some kind of Math advantage. Do you think Intuitive Mathematician since it's a five point advantage a good (not overboard) advantage.
Personally, I think that looks good. High attribute scores is probably the main advantage of this sort of character concept. Don't forget, he's probably good-looking, too. If he's not from the time period and is just out of the academy, you can justify spending just a minimum of points on job skills to save them for elsewhere.

But what about the skills from his old life? Some may carry over, like hand-to-hand combat skills, but while the others aren't likely to matter, you never know in Star Trek when you might need to drive an automobile, use a firearm, or reprogram an ancient 20th Century computer. Maybe just something like Wild Talent limited to skills he would have already known?
martin_rook is offline   Reply With Quote