View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #16
Mack_JB

Default Re: Ogrezine: Rearguard Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
I've got Rearguard printed out and ready to play on my regular Monday game ... I'll let you know how it goes.
So we had our Monday Ogre game today, and played 'Rearguard' twice. Our normal process is to flip sides between games, and play each scenario twice, but this time, my opponent took 'defender' both times as just before the second game he had a different idea for set up.

Game 1, Tango used 4 HVY set up along the eastern roadway as blockers, and the main Zulu force was three SHVY, each with a 2/1 squad riding, then a loose 3/1 INF. These started on the road near the intersection for a speedy exit.
Attacking were the 15 INF, and 8 GEV and 4 HVY. Defender moved Zulu west immediately, using road bonus each turn. Attacker came in with the INF and HVY and wiped up the four Tango units, while the 8 GEV shot west along the northern edge clear path. Eventually the GEV caught up, and wiped out the defenders entirely, mainly by lucky spillover fire on the stacked road-bound units.

Game 2 we used nearly the same force mix, but he set his HVY back mid-board as blockers. I used 10 GEV and 2 HVY. It played out much the same, but as he retreated, he would pause and fight while in the few city hexes. He had some lucky spillover shots, and managed to escape one SHVY off the board, but also wiped out most of the attacking force, for the win on points.

Next week we may try some fuzzy wuzzy style play ...

Last edited by Mack_JB; 03-12-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: removed line, answered my own question
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote