View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #62
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: I was hoping for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
Almost exactly this. We considered the fairest way to resolve this while also taking into account the time it would take to resolve an Overrun combat stage, so we came to the decision that the Defender in Overrun is controlled by the AI.

We'd be keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I appreciate it takes some control away from the player, but Overrun could literally take weeks to resolve otherwise, so we thought this to be the fairest compromise.
I'd be ok with that as long as it's optional (i.e., a setting you can enable/disable, or a mode you can choose when the overrun happens). Is it something that happens only during "turn play" or does it also happen when you are playing "live"? I would not be happy if I was the defense and never got to play in the overrun. The best part about being the defense in an overrun is enjoying the fact you forced it. Imagine having an Ogre on the defense, it would be a real bummer if you didn't get to play the Ogre just because it's in an overrun; that's the BEST time to have an Ogre. Not getting to enjoy that when possible would suck (but it's a good example of when AI would be helpful if PBEM).

On a related note, how are you handling Cruise Missile attacks? The out-of-turn aspect is similar. Choosing when to fire at the CM matters.