View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
demonsbane

Default Re: It would be nice to have some AD&D style demons and devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
You can say the same thing about goblins, orcs, hobgoblins, bugbears, ogres and trolls. You could just call them all trolls or whatever but it would be less interesting IMO.
I partly agree. It's hard, but not impossible, to stress interesting and meaningful differences when the base creature/notion/concept remains the same. But not always there's the need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
A difference between a fallen angel and an inborn demon might be that the fallen angel has traits and abilities the the ruling gods have while the inborn demons might be more monstrous or beastial.
If despite all you still want to make a difference about that, making falling angels just to "morph" into demons a la "men into werewolves" (I mean, without involving another birth, or discarding a complete transmutation without trace in favor of a partial one), I agree it could work, of course depending on the implementation of those traits.

For one, I very much prefer it to be more grounded into the dimensions of myth if it's possible.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote