Thread: Duchy of Dran
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #32
Skarg

Default Re: Duchy of Dran

I wonder what makes sense to do with Dran & Elyntia, and what makes sense for me (who made about 50 similar maps of campaign connected all around it, a big point and fun aspect of play being that players needed to discover it for themselves during play rather than just reading about it in a published book) to share about my own version of it.

It occurs to me it might be good to leave a lot of blanks, as it has had all these years, for people to fill in.

On the other hand, maybe having at least one official published well-fleshed out campaign world example would be invaluable for all the people without the time/inclination/skills to do so. Maybe seeing what some other players did with it would also be useful or at least inspiring (even if just seeing what a kid like me did at 11 years old - some of my strongest motivations to create game stuff have come from seeing what others did and that I would do it differently).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
Elyntia Kingdom
  • Duchy of Dran
  • Duchy of Bolors
  • Duchy of Deseret
  • Duchy of Kel
Former Kingdom of Tanander

There seems like several more Elyntia Duchies should be north and west of the map. And what is the capital of Elyntia?

What is happening in Tanander right now?

What size is that water mass that Tro is next to?
In my campaign, Elyntia extended a little bit east and west and a lot more north, with a few other duchies, a barony, a royal province and a very large capitol 2-3 maps north of the Dran map. Then there were quite a few other countries and wilderness areas in various directions, including a nation about the same size of Elyntia, but separated by smaller nation-states.

My Tanander had a belt of sparse disorganized people south of Elyntia in and near the southern Huldre Forest, and then several small fractured states (that had been part of Tanander) to the south of that, which had some wars and resulting "regime changes" during the campaign. I also had a whole semi-secret history about what had happened and where some of the old people from Tanander had gone, which the players never discovered. :-)
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote