Thread: Facing
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #32
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: Facing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyzard View Post
I've done boffer combat and unarmed martial arts; I honestly don't think it's that even that unrealistic. I saw more than a few people get blindsided.
People will get blindsided during the confusing and chaotic melee, even with the change. It is mainly a change for that first closing that it matters. And I have done all of the above to, and never, not even once seen two fighters close in on each other and one of them got blindsided with the first combo or first attack. Not even when one of the fighters could hardly stand because of leg bruising and having an effective movement of like 2. They still managed to turn or at least keep their eye on the opponent. In reality, movement is simultaneous and being flanked and not react to it or even turn 60 degrees is unusual, to say the least.

Have you ever seen an MMA fighter start a round with a combo that the other guy couldn't defend against because he was hit in the back or the side?

The only example I can think of that comes close is this. And that is more weapon skill and good choreography than movement timing I would say. :-)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jiwHn_-vs
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote