View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #184
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

I had removed both, and didn't mention dropping either... If I had kept the first removed shoe in my hand after pulling it off that might arguably have slowed down the removal speed of the other shoe (you'd pull the 2 strings of a knot loose in sequence instead of simultaneously) however it might be assumed that I had just tucked the 1st shoe under my left armpit?

Armpit tuck carries aren't something I can think of how to represent, maybe I should've done that as a "Pass Limb"?

Given that it takes 3 seconds to don a pair of shoes, 1.5 seconds to remove a pair, I had spend 2 readies to remove them so would it seem fair to account for that "holster my shoe in my left armpit" as being that extra 0.5 seconds I wasted by rounding up?)

I did that despite "round down for character feats", so if I had gone by B9 nd rounded down 1.5 to 1 second, I would'e been able to use that following turn to do whatever maneuver might represent that (Ready? Grapple? Pass Limb?)

Your step forward narrows the span from 5 to 4

So I'm going to whip some (but not all) of the optional rules here (pg 28) including "Low-Tech Weapons" (muscle powered means it applies to throwing) and "Wobbly Aim" (if I fail, it would be worse than not aiming),

I prefer "Variable Accuracy" to "Fixed Accuracy", but dislike "All 3d, All the Time" (because it means NEVER any bonuses for Acc 0 weapons) and also "Crappy Guns" (no min 1 if Acc 0) because if you pass the aiming roll there should be a benefit.

That said: I don't quite understand why making a 2nd roll instead of perhaps just making the bonus you get for aiming resembling the margin of success in the aiming roll.

In this case I would roll DX-based Throwing not DX-based Guns...

DX is 11 (12 minus 1) so DX-3 means the default skill is skill 8.

"Aim Small Miss Small" means I get only half the speed/range penalties, rounded to nearest whole. You being 4 yards away moving 1 yard/second means you're 5 yards on speed/range for -3, halved that is -1.5, not sure whether to round to -1 or to -2 though. Why would you write "nearest" when halving? Halved odd numbers always have 2 equidistant numbers...

Y'know, because of how brutal that is (and I can't even do "Telegraphic Aim" to get that sweet +4... unless we house rule that as giving people +2 to perceive your aim?) I think maybe I'll just round that down... so I have to roll against a 7...

I roll an 11, it's a failure...

(actually On Target is pretty harsh for low-skill guys... I'm really liking this "Telegraphic Aim" idea for a basic +4)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote