View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
ArchonShiva

Default Re: Alternate Wealth rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
2) Wealth modifies prices of everything bought for yourself
This is the key part. You can’t have a buy-bot, because it’ll only work for their stuff. It doesn’t matter who buys stuff for the dead broke barbarian, the barbarian’s own wealth determines the price of the item.

A side advantage I haven’t mentioned is that barring absentee players, there is very little reason under the current rules not to have a single wealthier character, with every super poor. This version makes everyone’s Wealth matter for themselves, and nobody “paying points for the whole party”, which was really my initial motivation for coming up with it.

I don’t do the disadvantage version in my campaign, so those values were just thrown out randomly and stand to be adjusted Douglas seems to prefer 1000% or 200% for Dead Broke).

The rule doesn’t involve land management; that’s simply part of the background explanation. If you try to cheat by pretending stuff is for you, you’ll end up paying the difference eventually anyway. But giving you old sword to the barbarian after you get a new one ten sessions later is fine.
ArchonShiva is offline   Reply With Quote