View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #22
HANS

Default Re: [High-Tech] Reflex Sight + Scope: "can be used, but not with magnifying scopes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
What are the arguments for picking this or that interpretation?
To me it seems like the biggest thing that could be an argument in favour of non-stacking is if there's some fundamental difference between looking through a scope and seeing the 'real' dot vs. looking through a magnifier and seeing a reflex dot. But it's quite possible that I'm misunderstanding what other difference are involved. (I tried shooting with iron sights and practicing in 'dry' mode with a targeting LASER, but not with a real scope nor a real collimator.)

But that seems to be something universal for all magnifiers, yet seeing a real (LASER) dot through a scope (with magnification) stacks. I'm trying to understand why tunnel vision is a problem for reflex dots but not for real dots.
The huge advantage of the reflex/collimating sights is that you do not have to align target, front sight, and rear sight. You just have to place that dot on the target. That is much quicker and easier, especially since you can even see the dot if your head is not perfectly aligned. Anything with magnification makes the alignment of the target, reticle, and head critical. I stand by my assessment, backed up by my experience with the things, that the advantages do not stack.
Now, the other question is why you can use a targeting laser with a telecopic sight, as High-Tech claims. Frankly, I have no personal experience with these, as targeting lasers are verboten in Germany. On reflection, though, this may be a genuine error, as the advantage of a targeting laser is similar to a red dot; you do not need to look at the sights, only the target. However, you always need to look through a scope to get the Acc bonus. That probably couldn't mix in a way that allows stacking the advantages.

Cheers

HANS