View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
tbone

Default A sack of DFRPG questions!

1. In both BS and DFRPG, I see no mention of how Cowardice interacts with Intimidation. Am I missing something, or is Cowardice, as written, simply not meant to reduce resistance to Intimidation?

2. By the rules, does encumbrance affect Acrobatics? In Adventurers, neither the section on encumbrance nor the Acrobatics skill entry suggest so, but the description of thieves' armor (p110) does. (Wait – rules for Dungeon Parkour in Exploits give a definite "yes", so I guess this isn't actually a question after all. But let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.)

3. Exploits p58 says poisoning a weapon is a long action, and refers the reader to page 32, which lists times for long actions – but not weapon poisoning. How long does it take?

4. Notes for Esoteric Medicine (Druid) in Adventurers and medical treatment rules in Exploits state that a healer's kit is needed to use Esoteric Medicine – a pretty big consideration that's confirmed on Adventurers p114, tucked away in the kit description. The kit also gives +1 to skill. So, it would appear that one never rolls against straight skill for a practical application of Esoteric Medicine; you either roll at +1 for the kit, or you can't use the skill at all. Is this a correct understanding?

5. Is Esoteric Medicine (Druid) affected by Nature's Strength?

6. Wounded disad: Regular armor over the location of course protects the wound, but the writeup says nothing about whether natural armor (Tough Skin, fur, scales, etc.) covers what’s described as an "open wound". This omission would suggest that natural armor does protect, but that doesn't sound right. Am I missing something?

7. Say a friendly group of players wants to cooperate in optimizing $$$ for the entire group, then share it evenly or however they like. (The rules don’t seem to place any arbitrary restrictions on how PCs can share starting wealth, treasure, or proceeds from selling loot; this is good, IMO.) Focusing for the moment only on selling loot, the winning formula to maximize income would seem to be this:
    1. Make sure at least one PC has reliable skills for correctly assessing the value of goods.
    2. Select one "moneybags" PC with either Very Wealthy [30] to automatically score 100% sell value, or Wealthy [20] and high enough social traits (which any bard PC will likely have) to almost always score 100% sell value.
    3. Get top coin for every sale, and share the proceeds as the group agrees.
    Is that a good understanding of how to maximize group income from selling loot?

8. As above, but to even better munchkinize long-term group wealth: If all the sales are being made by Mr Moneybags, and if the group is willing to sacrifice collective starting wealth in favor of long-term income, does it make sense to further munchkinize the selling process by having everyone else take Poor or even Dead Broke? Those PCs can then divert the disad points into more delving awesomeness (to score even more loot). Mr Moneybags, meanwhile, in exchange for sacrificing so many character points on Wealth, can bask in the joy of financing the group (if that's what makes the player happy), or perhaps can benefit from some other arrangement (such as first choice of awesome loot that the group decides to keep and use, not sell). Any big flaws in this optimization strategy?

9. Final, less-than-serious question: One Hand gives +1 to Intimidation if the hand is replaced with a knife, etc. Does a Corpse Golem get +2 for two knife-hands? (Less-than-serious rules lawyer response: "No; the book says the bonus is for One Hand; the Corpse Golem has no hands, so gets no bonus.")

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote