View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #1038
Knockman

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

I do enjoy reading the Annual Report, and often refer back to the previous year for additional context. And above all else, the transparency is refreshing to see. I've dealt with far too many companies who ignored or even hid their problems, only for them to eventually be consumed by them.

I was particularly interested in the issues about modernizing the administration, especially the basic documentation. I've seen this hinder other companies too, and many fail to appreciate what a drag 'old legacy' stuff can become, when you try to push business forward. At least you recognize the problem - that way you can hopefully put something in place, perhaps a sequential programme, that can attend to this. My personal prime interest has always been Ogre so when I see you mention the need for a line document to transfer knowledge from Steve Jackson to the Ogre line staff, I see that as a potential trial-run possibly? Perhaps by starting with that, you might refine a useful method you can then roll-out to the other products?

Of course, that would be fine for the product end of the business, but you would still have to start a similar process to map down the core aspects of company business at the other end of the 'shop-floor'. And again, from this report, with the news on the expansion of Marketing, that may well prove to be a worthwhile starting place maybe?

Above all else, thank you for the insight. It's invaluable in gaining a better appreciation of what you all have to contend with.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote