View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
JCD

Default Re: What Should I get?

Short answer:

Liber Canticorum

Game Master's Guide

Let the dust settle on the Ethereal Player's guide since it matches up with In Nomine the way rasberry jam goes with smelt. That is the LAST book you should persue for anything regarding the rules.

As an off the cuff suggestion, I would tell you to ignore the Disturbance rules in In Nomine Core as written and use any one of the suggested changes in the Game Master's Guide or just use the handy search engine at the top of your screen.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...t=disturbance\

There is a link to a discussion on the question.

Quote:
(Disturbance) squared x 3 for automatic detection.

The size of the Disturbance is the basic range. Beyond automatic range, -1 per unit of basic range.

Phin sings Healing on himself. Disturbance 1 from Essence.

(1) squared x 3. So he is automatically detectable at 3 yards. For every yard (basic range Disturbance) beyond that, the listener is at a -1. So a perception 6 demon could not hear it at all 9 yards away, but a perception 12 angel gets a roll of 6 or less at the same range.

Belial shows up Celestially (Disturbance 30)

(30 x 30) x 3. 2700 yards. Anyone within almost a mile and half gets to hear it. But once you reach that threshold, things drop off quickly. Every additional 30 yards gives a -1 to perception.

I would prefer to make 'basic range' the disturbance x3 per -1 but I don't want to make things too complex. So every 3 yards with a one disturbance would give a drop off of -1. This would extend the hearing range to 21 yards for a 'normal' Celestial. For the Belial example, a normal Celestial could hear it another 540 yards...maybe.
This is my contribution
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote