View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 03:28 AM   #28
Tomsdad

Default Re: Adding sub-locations for forearms, thighs and shins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The penalty in this case would be only be -4. Leg is - 2, shin is 3/6 coverage so -2 and -2-2=-4. That would mean you most likely hit the thigh, but might hit the knee, and either way don't hit the shin armor.
I think Rasna's goal is to be able to specifically target the thigh, rather than avoid the shin.

So I guess if you do combine the two systems (partial armour avoidance penalties and d6 sub locations) it would work out as the thigh being 2 out of 6 so the equivalent of avoiding 4 out of 6 so an additional -3 on top of the legs -2.

I guess upper and lower thighs would be 50/50 subdivision of the thigh so each would be 1 in 6 as leg sub location and thus avoiding a 5 in 6 chance of hitting some other part and so an additional -4 on top of the leg's -2.

Of course such further "sub-sub-locations" only work here if they are part of a sub location that has a N in 6 spread where N also sub divides down nicely!

Ultimately I'm not sure this works and I think this is stretching these systems too far, especially as there's a couple of non linear effect at work here as well.

e.g as you already said the fact that some body part are targets of opportunity more than their abstract surface area might suggest.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 01-24-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote