View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Ulairi

Default Re: Munchkin CCG themes boxes and sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
These are things that we could look at producing down the road if the game does well enough to make the time and expense worthwhile. For now, we're still spending a lot of time learning how to make a CCG, much less ancillary materials.
I'm going to make a suggestion for the game to help out: Please create a volunteer network for people to become tournament organizers/demo team. A big thing that helps drive CCG to have active communities (and sales so active revenue) is having people to play with and play with regularly.

We need to have a way to schedule and run events separate from having the store owners take responsibility because a lot of times they won't unless they are prompted by players. I know the OP Kits cost some money but back in the day when I was a volunteer TO for Decipher and the Lord of the Rings CCG, I have the ability to schedule events and get a kit shipped to the store for our events. That really helped out.

Unless we luck out where the owner/employee actively play the game a lot of shops do not do a good job of selling the inventory on their shelves. Munchkin is a big enough brand that having that being able to be done by active players can help drive engagement.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys have thought about all of this but I really hope something like this is in the works.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote