View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Cleric Healing and Healing Potions curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
With 8 points in both Minor and Major healing, they're only two points short of raising their PI by 1 level (assuming that the GM allows this, ours does as it was pointed out in the G:DF line that this sort of munchkin behaviour is in the roots of the genre).
That was after maxing PI at 6 so they could roll in with skill 21* in both the healing spells... and not much else spellwise.

* The Player who did this went 6 and 8 character points for skill 20 in Minor and Major Healing at chargen with his first Cleric. His second Cleric went the full 20 points into these spells (8 and 12) for the 21. He found rolling at 11 was just a scooch too hard, whereas 12 was 'doable'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
This bit makes me extremely curious how that occurs.
Ditto... I've never seen a two Cleric party and I've yet to see a Holy Warrior (or even a Cleric) with Faith Healing.

Quote:
Is there *any* legal way to get healing on any other character, including stuff from DFMI?
Aside from Esoteric Medicine (Druidic or Chi)? Alli... err... Hirelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
This was our interpretation of the rules too. You pretty much had to have a Cleric in the group. I was hoping that the Druid and Holy Warrior (i.e. Paladin) would have some lesser healing options to spread the load around.
Holy Warriors can take Faith Healing, but Druids are limited to Esoteric Medicine only. Which is why I house ruled in a variant of Faith healing for them (it requires an Esoteric Medicine check and takes as much time as EsMed).

Last edited by evileeyore; 03-26-2018 at 01:21 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote