View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
whswhs

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy party compositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibu View Post
I have a player who does the exact same thing. The problem is he wants everything to be very explicitly told ( Ex.: You enter a room. Its triangular and the walls are yellow. There are 3 paintings, a bed, a desk with a pen, piece of paper, some drawers, ther is a chest in the corner, etc., where my and the rest of the groups idea is that the story is formed by both the players as the GM.)
Also he doesnt invest time in finding out what his skills and advantages actually do in the game, but rather has an image in his midn what they can do and when this doesnt work he freezes the game by putting his feet in the sand until we give him some sort of compromise.. How do you deal with this sort of player?
The desire for detailed descriptions isn't a big deal, but for the other—I don't know for sure, as my players don't act that way, but I think I might call it grounds for termination.

Or, if you really want him in a future campaign, you might require him to set aside 10 or 20 character points to be used in buying skills that his character ought to have but that he didn't think of buying.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote