View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #13
JohnPaulB

Default Re: Sex Appeal with more inclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
I believe the sensible thing to do in this case is to use the accepted dictionary definition; which is:

Sex Appeal: (noun) "the quality of being attractive in a sexual way."

SEX APPEAL (1). The quality of being attractive in a sexual way. Gives you a saving roll of 3 dice against your ST or IQ (whichever is higher) against being slain by those who find you sexually attractive. If they have you helpless and you make the saving roll, they win take you away to slavery (from which you may someday escape or be freed) instead of killing you. Also: you may use this talent when negotiating with those who find you sexually attractive. Make the same saving roll as above. If you make it, the GM adds 1 to the reaction die roll for his character. If you fail, the GM subtracts 1 for your clumsiness.
JK
I like the use of the dictionary definition. It handles a whole lot of problems elegantly.

So if you don't have SEX APPEAL talent, you roll 4 dice instead?

What about Critical Success and Critical Failures? I can see that a 4 Success might have them fawning all over the person. A 3 Success might have created a Stalker. A 17 Failure might have them slap the person. An 18 might have the person arrested for indecensy.

What about those around observing this application of Sex Appeal on victim. Might they also not have the SEX APPEAL work on them too? If yes, do those observers get a "savings roll" or equivalent to be affected?

And are there any modifiers for the recipient's viewpoint on Gender?

Does Sex Appeal work on any humanoid type? Can a Human use it on an Elf? An Orc? A Prootwaddle?

Also, I think SEX APPEAL works beyond saving yourself from being killed or negotiations. It could be used as a psychological manipulation, an aid in thieving and probably knowledge of how to make others more sexually appealing. It's an attitude thing.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote