View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #4
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Jet Spell cost question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Yes, I think you're misreading how casting a jet spell generally goes. Jets are Regular spells. That means, you cast it, and you can immediately attack with it. There's no business of "Turn 1, cast and put in energy, Turn 2, either throw it or charge it further" the way there is with Missile spells. So jet spells are actually faster to cast than missiles, with comparable prices damage-wise. Their drawbacks are that a) they're expensive to maintain and hold "at the ready", and b) they're more limited in range than missiles.
The way you describe it definitely works better than how I'm reading it.

However, Regular spells, unless otherwise specified, take 1 second to cast. That's your entire turn spend concentrating to make it happen. During that 1 second you can't also attack. Under time to cast it specifically says "your turn ends as soon as you roll the dice" in relation to casting time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJacob View Post
Edit for clarity:
Turn 1 cast jet
Turn 2 attack
Turn 3 maintain jet for same cost (as a free action), so you can chose to attack again.
Doing it this way means you get the spell for free on turn 2. That's something I've considered doing but it isn't consistent with how the rest of magic and maintenance cost works.

Last edited by MIB.6361; 09-12-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: how
MIB.6361 is offline   Reply With Quote