View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Managing Races and Classes

There is no "backpack," so I'm not sure what you mean by that. We actually actively discourage the use of that term since I've encountered multiple definitions for its meaning (this is what happens when someone makes up a term that isn't a game term), and we really, really, really want to avoid confusion, especially on the 101 forum.

As for your question: Cards may not return to your hand, and the only cards you may turn sideways to indicate that you are not using them are Items that you have in play. If you want to play a new Race or Class card when you already have one in play, you must discard your current Race or Class to make room for the new one. The rules state that you can discard a Race or Class at any time, even when it's not your turn, and that you can play a Race or Class at any time during your turn (which includes during combat), or if you'd just received it. You can't trade or sell something that is not an Item, and since Races and Classes do not have Gold Piece values, they are not Items.

As for charity, I want to make it clear that charity only ever refers to a player having to give away extra cards from his hand at the end of his turn. It does not refer to anything else. You can't give away your hand cards or in play cards just because you want to do so, with the exception that you could effectively trade for nothing in return by giving another player an Item you have in play.

So, if you want to become a Wizard later, you need to have a Wizard card in your hand, or hope you get one at some later point.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote