Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Car Wars 5e Vehicle Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter
OK, here's the hard part: This is, taken for all in all, SJG's forum. Last I
checked they had some pretty harsh terms imposed for folks doing the
following:

-- Advertising Other Folks', Including One's Own, Products;
-- Advocating In Any Way Whatever End-Running Copyright Laws.
Point 2: Yes. Absolutely. Don't do it.

Point 1: There's nothing wrong with advertising things in the proper place. (Leaving aside actual spam, of course, which gets nuked without the merest hint of regret.) There are several subforums here which are dedicated to the discussion of gaming in general (a not-exhaustive list: Roleplaying In General, Card Games In General, Board Games In General) and discussions of non-SJG properties in those places are welcome. Additionally, tasteful, non-spammy links in signature files are usually fine, as long as they're gaming-related. (Don't advertise pr0n, even if you made it yourself. ESPECIALLY then.)

As for the delays in getting new CW material released (or old CW material uploaded to e23), I can't say what's going on because I'm not in the office. However, there's nothing sinister in a company choosing to keep tight reins on its intellectual property -- good luck going to Disney and asking them to let you sell bootleg DVDs of the movies and TV shows they're keeping off the market! -- and there's nothing sinister about a company saying, "Sorry, we have to focus our resources on something else right now." Fans have every right to be disappointed, but it would be an error to translate that disappointment into unfounded accusations about SJG and its motives.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote