View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #395
tshiggins

Default Re: Campaign: Facets

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Awwww yeah.
They made for good swarms. I gave each hex seven hit points, and conceptualized them as two birds with two HPs each, and three with one HP each.

We used the swarm rules while the group took shots at the mass, but if any got through it turned into close combat against small, quick creatures.

Quote:
I deal with this by making the Players write their preparations down on index cards. For single use preparations (like triggerable spells) it's one per card. These go into their Character folders between sessions, and presto, no more forgetting what they prepped up with.
That's how she eventually remembered. We use RPM rules, and that means spells that need to last until used would be costly unless cast in fetish items that remain indefinitely unless stolen or broken.

The characters cast the spells into "temporary" tattoos inscribed on their torsoes in long-lasting ink. They cover them for additional protection, and in combat the ballistic body armor keeps the tattoos from damage.

To help with the logistics, the players write the "hung" spells on sticky-notes on their character sheets. When they use that spell, they remove the sticky and throw it away.

We got into the fight and Debbie saw the sticky-note, and that jogged her memory. She asked about "this armor," and so I told her how her ballistic vest offered only limited protection against swarms.

That confused her for a couple of minutes, but she eventually said she had "this spell, Armor." That's when we realized what she was talking about, and Anten remembered she'd prepped it. :)
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote