Thread: Alien Invasions
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #4
Hide

Default Re: Alien Invasions

This dilemma is part of the XCOM series too: Embracing the aliens or building a resistance? Personally I like the idea of fighting back.

Under the assumptions of WH40K, I would give provide humans with –secret– Necron-esque technology/knowledge at their disposal (especially now that Necrons and Ancient Egyptians are “close relatives”). Maybe earth itself is a super weapon which fires its beams from Giza or the moon.

I like Boomerang’s idea, fighting scouts sounds like a good thing to begin with “Kill the mutant, purge the unclean, burn the heretic”.

Maybe humans found a larger ʻOumuamua crossing the solar system and received an alien signal which humans were able to decipher because it was similar to a certain ancient human language (i.e. Egyptian). Then a small fraction of humanity is prepared.

If you are a larger creature you don’t bargain with the small ones. For example, people don’t bargain with ants (but some keep them as pets). Now if ants were intelligent enough to understand humans and their ways, maybe they could offer something in exchange. But killing your own race sounds pretty anti-natural (for a hero, IMO).