View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
Wraithe

Default Re: Double-dipping - Can't wear Armor and Vow

Here's the version that I'm using in my Bronze/Early Iron-Age Campaign.

Spearman's Invulnerability (Requires Sidhe Blood Advantage):

You believe that you are protected in battle, as long as you do not wear any clothing. Before you begin to fight, you must remove all clothing, although you may wear torcs and (small) arm-rings. As soon as the battle starts, you make a Will roll to see whether you believe in your own invulnerability. If you succeed, you gain DR 6 to all hit locations. You must re-roll to maintain after taking any injury or after a failed Fright Check.

Damage Resistance 6 (Cannot Wear Armor -40%, Force Field +20%, Hardened 1 +20%, Requires Will Roll (To activate, when injured or after Fright Check) -0% [30]

Notes: I wrote the Sidhe Blood Advantage as a levelled "Unusual Background" at 10/level and just followed the guidelines in GURPS: Celtic Myth and required at least one level to take the above.

I considered it to be an "Aura" - so I gave it force field. Hardened, since there're no "chinks", and of course, CWA, since you can't wear clothing. :)
Requires (Attribute) says that you're supposed to roll every time it would act as a defense, so I decided to reduce it to a feature, and require the rolls only after damage penetrates or after Fright Check.
Wraithe is offline   Reply With Quote