View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #7
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Disadvantage of the week: Cannot Speak

I almost ran a Mute character.

Yeah, not exactly a great reference point, but I built a Muay Thai fighter waaaaaay back in 3e, and he was a Mute. I think the GM ended up using him as an NPC when I had to miss that adventure, and the campaign was either abandoned or resolved before I actually could participate (joys of high school). In hindsight, this was either really good or really bad for the group because I'm just the kind of guy who never seems to shut up (except when no one's paying attention XD). Being forced to "ration" my speaking might have made me a better player, less annoying to others, but it probably saved me having to scrap the character or quickly buy off Mute. XP
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote