View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: 6 Million Dollar Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
HT +10 and ST +40 is a lot. ST 50 gives BL 250 and 5d+2 thr damage, which means they can lift football players off the ground one-handed and casually and then punch them as hard as a 5.56mm hits. That's a lot. Meanwhile, HT 20 gives them near immunity to common disruptive agents like pepper spray and to death in general - come to think of it, it'll take about 300 injury to kill one of them, which means ... huh, it looks like they can take the HEAT round from a T-72 without dying (6dx7 (10) cr ex is ~150 injury, plus another 80 from the explosion). Fine if that's what you're visualizing, but that might be a bit much.

Surprisingly, they don't have Fit. Might not matter with those HT numbers, but I'd still expect them to have it.
the ST isn't going to be a big deal -- ST is not a skill based attribute, and as long as your happy with causally lifting up football players things will be fine. Strength is on a scale from 0 to whatever -- and I can point to ST 200 things.

HT is different. HT is tied to the bell curve of 3d6. And +10 HT is fairly boring. It means they'll never get sick, never stop moving until they are dead dead dead, and gives them sex appeal 15 by default. If you want unkillable, give them unkillable. you already gave resistant to metabolic hazards. And while a bonus to HT is appropriate, +10 isn't. Even in a supers game.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote