View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #98
TippetsTX

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Removing XP from it wouldn't necessarily also have to remove player choice. It could still be things their characters choose that lead to the powers. I've actually played in such games before, in GURPS, where players'/PCs' choices led to them discovering lines of study/devotion/development that led to them gaining particular abilities, which either did or didn't cost GURPS character points (the more I have played GURPS, the less I care about or want to use its character points, and the more I want to have actions determine character development, and I'm starting to think maybe the same thing would work better than XP for TFT) - i.e. you have Tier 2 powers in a Zen Archery portfolio because you spent a year studying with a Zen Archery master in the remote magical mountains... no XP involved, or you got "Zen Archery XP" - only usable for that).
I can see how that might work. Maybe I'll write that up as an optional alternative acquisition strategy. Thanks.