View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #94
TippetsTX

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
I say all that as context for commenting on your costs for these super-powers. Because the implications for a campaign are extremely different depending on whether the GM assumes these XP requirements are a big deal that few people could do, or whether they're trivial because a basic military training can give people 1500 XP worth of weapon talents, so there may as well be a trained Healing Corps that instead put that 1500 XP into level-2 healing Power so that the army has a lot of magic healers. Now, you did clearly say the GM can and should limit the availability of Powers, so this would only exist if the GM wanted it to, but it seems like how this is balanced is tied to how the GM relates to the RAW XP costs for learning talents.
You may be right and w/o clear guidance from Mr. Jackson we're left to make our own assumptions about the intent of those rules. As you know, my own clear bias is that the aquisition of IQ grants the character new talents/spells and I'd prefer not to re-hash all of that here, but since the group consensus thus far seems to be in opposition to my personal preference the proposed XP costs for Powers are designed to be in line with the approach that talents and spells can only be acquired post-creation thru the expenditure of 500 XP.

This is another reason why I think that a flat XP cost of 1000 points per Power (regardless of tier) may be better than the escalating costs I initially proposed.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 01-20-2019 at 06:53 PM.
TippetsTX is online now   Reply With Quote