View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #19
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Seeking build advice: Modern conspiracy character creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataPacRat View Post
1. How much should the Limitation "Only when asleep" be worth, when applied to Noisy? (My first guess: -20%, matching 'only at night'.)
I think this really is just a quirk, specifically whichever kind of quirk that is where you situationally have a disadvantage. Loud snoring just isn't likely to come up.
Quote:
2. Given the -1 reaction penalty per level, how long do you think a PC could avoid being murdered by the rest of the party with "Snoring can be mistaken for a wild animal: Noisy, 5 levels (Only when asleep)"? Would buying a lot of earplugs to share around help? :)
The only way it is likely to ever matter is if the GM creates some situation where it does, which is going to be some work, which is why this is really ought to be a quirk. The main disadvantage of Noisy is that it negates Stealth, but you aren't going to be making Stealth rolls while asleep very often.
Quote:
3. After skimming through a lot of unrelated 4e books, I've finally found a significant change I can make to the charsheet that brings it closer in line with the concept: from Dungeon Fantasy 4, "Modular Abilities: Book-Learned Wisdom", probably 1 slot holding 1 or 2 CP. I've already got a large digital library as Signature Gear (and filling it up with 'software tools' from High-Tech felt more like a side-effect than its core purpose). And I can probably throw in a couple levels of the 'Memory Palace' technique, and call the package 'Memorization Techniques'.

But this is my first excursion into Modular Abilities. Other than throwing together an inventory of ebooks that can be studied, is there anything about them I should watch out for?
DF scholars aren't meant to be realistic, and they are supposed to be balanced by the cost and weight of books.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote