View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #19
Rick_Smith

Default Re: Experience Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Yes; raising the low stat is cheapest. I want to tempt people to un-dump their dump stat!
Hi Steve, everyone.
I quite like the new rules above, actually.

I'm not sure that 'un-dumping the dump stat', is ideal tho. I like it when some characters have low ST and some have high ST. The rules give an experience bonus that encourages all humans to have 13, 13 and 14 divided up between their attributes. This also makes it easier for goblins to get their 8 extra attributes than humans.

I would prefer that of the 8 attributes that you can buy simply cost 100, 200, 300, etc., regardless of if you are increasing the dump stat or your strong one.

However, this is a minor quibble.

The thing that most surprised me is that figures could naturally buy only 8 attributes. Wow! But I think that it is a good design decision.

Since wishes are going to be VERY much in demand now, I think it would be wise to look at how wishes are made, and the economics of wishes. In particular, I suggest that wish granting demons have variable IQs.

I wrote up an essay on the economics of wishes here...

https://tft.brainiac.com/RicksTFT/GM...illsInTFT.html

If you would like to use this in the new TFT, I would be willing to sell you the rights for a few cents a word, as if I had submitted it to SJG as a submission.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote