View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #4281
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ryuki gathers the remaining party to himself as closely as he's able, to get them in earshot. "In a few seconds a bunch of small Disturbances are going to go off at this party. Ignore them--I'm doing that. What I want you to help me with is to count who all else hears them. Watch body language. You ready?"
Patience was never his forte (nor mine, at the moment), though he rationalized it as not wanting all the party to be obviously at the ready. He put his hands together and focused, not so easy with multiple foci, and worked his magic.

In close succession a set of five Disturbances went off in the crowd, two of them near each other and the others better dispersed. The party would note a few reactions:

The tent where Briathos was working fluttered just a little. Apparently you startled him.

Two guys in the crowd definitely heard it, and are discovering the hard way that a surging crowd will only let you to the exits so fast.

A woman in the crowd has the same problem but she's near the back and has less difficulty.

Galen's a little concerned. There shouldn't be noises like that here.

The guy riding the roof of his car, though, that's where things get weird. He definitely heard it and is looking around, more curious than alarmed, until the car jolts underneath him. The thing is, the car tries to jolt in two opposite directions, left and right, as though the front wheels were trying to get away from each other. The man on the back holds the rope tightly and murmurs comforting words in a language only Glen seems to understand.

Glen "Easy there, easy" in old Greek.

"Apollo?" There's a hint of fear in Corat's voice.

"No," Ryuki answers drolly. "A slightly off-Broadway Phaeton. Or at least I hope so, because Doug Hara was a lot more watchable than this guy."

{{I saw this play years ago in L.A. and it made quite the impression. hopefully the link works ))