View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
vierasmarius

Default Re: Spaceships in GURPS 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonJ View Post
Did you say, Spaceships I?

I must have skipped over that when looking at the catalogue.
Spaceships 1 has the complete design rules (as well as the basic rules for maneuvering and combat) but only a couple example builds. If you want lists of premade spacecraft, check out some of the other SS books. They typically include additional rules pertaining to running games that involve particular types of spaceships. For example, SS2: Traders, Liners and Transports has guidelines covering different classes of Spaceports, ways to handle the purchase/hiring of spaceships and crews, operating expenses, liscences, etc. SS3: Warships and Space Pirates has an optional Tactical Space Combat ruleset, allowing spaceship engagements to be played out on a battlemat rather than using SS1's more abstract system. SS4: Fighters, Carriers and Mecha has cinematic optional rules that can help simulate the frantic dogfights that are so common in Sci Fi movies and shows.

If you're on a tight budget you can get by with just the first book, of course, but I've not regretted any of the additional SS purchases.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote