View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #281
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melichor View Post
Back in the day we added these talents to give characters a higher level of weapon skill and ability.

IQ 9
"Melee Weapon Talent" Expert (2): The ability to use these weapons in an expert fashion. This talent gives you +2 DX when attacking with these weapons. You are also proficient in using these weapons for defense, your weapon acts as a shield to stop 2 hits.
Prerequisite: Melee WEAPON TALENT.

IQ 11
"Melee Weapon Talent" Master (2): You have Mastered the ability to use these weapons. This talent gives you +2 DX (in addition to the +2 bonus from "Weapon Talent" Expert) when attacking with these weapons.This talent permits a character fighting with these weapons, on
any turn he attacks, to do any one of the following:
(a) attack twice, at normal DX for the first attack and -4 for the second one. The attacks may be against the same OR different figures.
(b) make a normal attack and parry using the weapon to stop 4 hits.
(c) when Defending, stopping 6 hits of damage in addition to the opponent rolling 4 dice when attacking.
Prerequisite: "Weapon Talent" Expert.
I like these ideas -- the talents may possibly be a bit overpowered (I tend to start things at +1 and proceed from there, not +2, to avoid creating a "perfect talent," but maybe that's just me), but they definitely satisfy the "but everyone should be able to parry" argument while simultaneously avoiding turning combat into GURPS. (No offense intended -- but let's face it, GURPS combat ought to be five times as long as TFT combat, since the GURPS tactical turn is one second, vice five seconds in TFT!)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote