View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [DF Monsters 4: Dragons] Targeting breath attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
Firstly, clouds are supposed to appear directly in front of the dragon, so I assumed there's no attack roll, the area is always fixed in front of the figure on a hex map… But later on, under Tactics it's mentioned that the dragon could surround itself in it's breath. So is it targetable or not? Should there be a roll?
Is there a reason the dragon cannot turn it's head and breathe on it's own hexs?

Quote:
Secondly, it states that cones target a hex in front of the dragon, for +4. After reading this post earlier (and noticing the table "Attacking an Area" on p. B414 doesn't mention cones) I've thought if you take the +4, you only hit the ground, and your cone ends there. So, how is it? What if I want to hit an adventurer that doesn't stand directly before the dragon, by one hex to the right, at 7 yards distance?
Did you read the very next sentence on B414 talking about scatter? Also the long paragraphs on 413 Area And Spreading Attacks that speak specifically about cones? A cone is an area attack, therefore it gets the +4 for targeting an area.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote