View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #25
starslayer

Default Re: Where can my PC learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcoorlim View Post
So I'd like my character to learn a few skills in a first-world contemporary setting, but I'm not sure what opportunities there are for real world study to justify a studied improvement. Any suggestions are welcome.

Skills desired:
Fast-talk Maybe a pick up artist class? Where can the PC learn to manipulate people?

Intimidation: Self-defense classes that focus on assertiveness?

Stealth, Lockpicking, Traps (Alarms): Basically, where can the PC go to learn to break into places?
Lockpicking, traps(alarms) and fast talk can be taken as courses attached to or in association with computer security conferences and computer hacking training. DefCon will have at least one locking class, one traps(alarms) class and one fast talk class.

SANS offers a physical security course which is basically lockpicking, traps alarms, and fast talk:
https://www.sans.org/course/physical...ensive-edition

Most of those horrific 'pickup artist' classes are ultimately teaching a mixture of fast-talk and intimidation with the end goal of 'convince this person to have sex with me'.

Any formal training in door to door sales or high pressure sales techniques are also a mixture of intimidation and fast-talk.

A close range hunting school (so crossbow hunting, pistol hunting, or spear hunting) would teach stealth as part of what they do. Many private eye training programs would also be teaching stealth (also electronic operation (surveillance), and potentially fast-talk.)
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote