View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
chandley

Default Re: [Powers] DR with Absorption and Power Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9anders View Post
re the range: I'd imagine you'd need force field, affects others and area effect first. This to make the DR more than personal protection. Slapping ranged on it after that seems pretty straightforward.

It might be better to make a wall though. I've never had a problem with IA: Wall taking modifiers from DR.
Absorption seems a pretty odd one to slap on an IA:Wall though. Still, I see what your saying.

I dont need the DR to be able to protect other people in this instance, nor to really form a force field in the shape of a shield or globe (a la area effect). Just need to be able to move the DR (with Absorption) into the way of an attack or into like a bonfire. Pretty much a ranged power block actually.

So IA: Wall. It provides DR 3 and 1/2 HP per die of innate attack. A Small Piercing attack IA costs 3 per die, needs Area Effect +50% and Persistent +40%, and could be a fixed shape for Wall +30%. So thats +120% on the IA, and +200% with Absorption, for 9 points per 3 DR in the wall. DR with Absorption +80%, Force Field +20%, Area Effect +50%, Ranged +40%, Persistent +40% (to basically make it do the same thing as our IA: Wall construction) is 49.5 points per 3 DR. I suspect that Absorption on IA:Wall is not going to fly with most GMs who see that.
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote