View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
chandley

Default Re: [Powers] DR with Absorption and Power Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
If you can move your DR into a bonfire you're not standing in, you can definitely move it to protect another person.

This isn't a ranged power block, this is an attempt to recharge your absorption pool without risking being damaged yourself, yes? This is definitely Affects Others + Ranged.
A potent argument, thanks. But I could get away without Area Effect at least, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire
I'd rule that a Power Block doubles the Absorption Battery's Capacity. (Absorption +1, (+80%; Requires Active Defense, -40%) +48%) appears to be a valid method of achieving the effect if the GM rules otherwise. And: (Absorption +1, (+80%; Affects Others 1, +50%; Ranged, +40%; NO Absorption, -100%) +72%; Selectivity, +10%) looks to be a good way to add a ranged option to a more standard Absorption (without interfering with the more standard Absorption's typical functions), with the understanding that this now requires a successful ranged attack, is visible, must penetrate DR and can be defended against by the normal methods if used at range. Modify to taste.
In your second construction, which I like, whats the "NO Absorption -100%" meant to represent? Just the battery capacity portion of Absorption, not the actual ability to convert damage into temp character points?

Thanks guys, this is looking pretty solid.
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote