View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
chandley

Default [Powers] DR with Absorption and Power Block

So, if I have DR with Absorption, and choose to make a Power Block with it, the rule seems pretty clear that I double my DR on a success and lose it on a failure.

What about the Absorption battery though? Does that double on success? I say no, since the description of Absorption kind of reads as the battery being separate but equal from the DR. If no, what kind of enhancement price would let you double it on a skill roll? Absorption is +80%, requires active defense is -40%... Limiting an advantage suggests an enhancement to allow you to double your absorption pool on a successful power block is +48%. That seem right? The total would be DR (Absorption +80%, Double Absorption Battery on Power Block +48%). Seems kind of pricey, but the battery is basically all that +80% is GETTING you, so maybe thats fair.

My other question was: Is it legal to slap Ranged +40% on DR to let you interpose your DR at, well, range? I had this construction in mind: DR (Absorption +80%, Force Field +20%, Ranged +40%). The idea is you can suck damage out of attacks or damaging environmental effects into your Absorption battery at range, rather than having to either bathe in the effect or get hit by the attack directly. Im not certain Force Field is required, seemed sensible though. The enhancement Wall isnt what I want here, there is no real barrier being created by the DR, its just sucking energy into Absorption (or thats the intent anyway). I suppose it might take a Wait maneuver to intercept an attack outside of your turn, since placing the power at a particular spot within range is, what, a concentrate maneuver? Maybe an attack.

Thanks
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote