Thread: Promoting Ogre
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #7
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: Promoting Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
I'm not on any other social so I depend on the forums and the SJG website for my info. That being said, I participated in both Ogre Kickstarters ao there is good info crom those streams. And I AM subscribed to the mailing list.

Things that would encourage me to support Ogre more? That's a tough one. More scenarios, maps, and expansions would help. The big one is Organized Play. The first round was a dud for us. I got my FLGS to sign up for OP, but we didn't get the demo kit until the day before the OP session! We didn't hve anytime to promote the session, nor time to prepare. It was like no one was cleared for that bit of compartmenatalized knowlege. There should have been BIG promtion on the forums and the website. There should have been advanced communication to the folks at the stores on what was in the kit and suggestions on how to promote before, during and after the event.

You guys are doing a lot of stuff right. The.fact that you're asking us these questions validates that. As far as what you're doing wrong (or at least could be doing better) see above.

All in all I'm pretty happy! Keep up the.great work!
Just wondering about your need for new scenarios. Between the scenarios in the ODE/6e, Book1 and Book2 scenarios, Barbarians, the multitude of scenarios on this forum, ogre fan sites and facebook fan sites and older Ogre/GEV scenarios from Battlefields, Shockwave and such, I have a thumb drive full not to mention the ones I create for events.
The real beauty of ODE is our ability to create whatever situ we want or am I missing something you're asking about?

As I said in another thread to paparphrase; Don't blame SJG or you FLGS. If you stand at the curb and wait for things you will be standing there as the parade passes by. Join the parade, the FLGS are beggingfor people to run events other than Magic and Warhammer. I'm not aiming this at you ..far from it, but look what Magic players have done and Ogreists can do the same.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote